The Arial Vortis Insect Trap Suction Sampler from Agri Samplers Ltd is designed to run autonomously in the field, for weekly sampling the air for air borne Insects are captured via a vortis suction and deposited into sampling pots during pre-programmed and automated sampling periods. This insect trap was designed and optimised with the support of SARDI (South Australian Research and Development Institution) they are now fitted into their Remote sampling Pods.
Improved Design for Remote Sampling
Our insect suction sampler has been designed to overcome shortcomings in other entomological suction samplers on the market. The advanced design of our Arial Vortis means that flexible sampling periods can be set according to the specific needs of the end user (ranging from agronomists or chemical manufacturers to research and technology organisations).
Small lights can be added to the intake to allow the attraction of nocturnal fling insects
Samples are captured in vials rather than traditional net or mesh. This resolves the problem how to get sample from nets or mesh filter into a sample pot that can be analysed in the lab.
A light-weight portable suction sampling system designed to extract insects from herbage or debris with many distinct advantages over previously accepted methods.
- The insects collected are immediately visible.
- No nets, bags or filters.
- Collecting vessel may be rapidly removed or replaced.
- Insects collected are safely deposited and may be returned to their habitat if required.
- Light and fully portable system easily operated by one person.
- No losses from the catch when transferring collected material.
- Ease and speed of collecting previously impossible to achieve.
- Collected material does not impede air flow.
- Air flow and therefore uniformity of collecting action can be monitored at all times.
This NEW design makes a radical break with the past in that the insects are deposited directly into a detachable transparent collecting vessel. NO BAGS, NETS OR FILTERS ARE REQUIRED.